USITC Votes to Continue Investigations on Cast Iron Soil Pipe from China
Chairman Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Vice Chairman David S. Johanson, and Commissioners Irving A. Williamson and Meredith M. Broadbent voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, the U.S. Department of Commerce will continue with its antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, with its preliminary countervailing duty determinations due on or about April 23, 2018, and its antidumping duty determinations due on or about July 5, 2018.
The Commission’s public report Cast Iron Soil Pipe from China (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-597 and 731-TA-1407 (Preliminary), USITC Publication 4769, March 2018) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available after April 9, 2018; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
Washington, DC 20436
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-597 and 731-TA-1407 (Preliminary)
Status of Proceedings:
2. Petitioners: Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Mundelein, IL.
3. USITC Institution Date: Friday, January 26, 2018.
4. USITC Conference Date: Friday, February 16, 2018.
5. USITC Vote Date: Friday, March 9, 2018.
6. USITC Scheduled Notification to Commerce Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
2. Location of producers’ plants: California, North Carolina, and Texas.
3. Production and related workers: 
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: $757,000.
3. Leading import sources: China
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.