Chairman Irving A. Williamson, Vice Chairman David S. Johanson, and Commissioners Dean A. Pinkert and Rhonda K. Schmidtlein voted in the affirmative. Commissioners Meredith M. Broadbent and F. Scott Kieff voted in the negative.
As a result of the USITC’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping duty orders on imports of these products from Korea, Mexico, and Turkey, and a countervailing duty order on imports of these products from Turkey.
The Commission’s public report Heavy Walled Rectangular Welded Carbon Steel Pipes and Tubes from Korea, Mexico, and Turkey (Investigation Nos. 701-TA-539 and 731-TA-1280-1282 (Final), USITC Publication 4633, September 2016) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by September 27, 2016; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
Washington, DC 20436
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-539 and 731-TA-1280-1282 (Final)
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigations: Final antidumping and countervailing duty.
2. Petitioners: Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, Inc. (Chicago, Illinois), Bull Moose Tube Company (Chesterfield, Missouri), EXLTUBE (North Kansas City, Missouri), Hannibal Industries, Inc. (Los Angeles, California), Independence Tube Corporation (Chicago, Illinois), Maruichi American Corporation (Santa Fe Springs, California), Searing Industries (Rancho Cucamonga, California), Southland Tube (Birmingham, Alabama), and Vest, Inc. (Los Angeles, California).
3. Investigations instituted by the USITC: July 21, 2015.
4. USITC hearing: July 14, 2016.
5. USITC vote: August 17, 2016.
6. USITC views to the U.S. Department of Commerce: September 6, 2016.
1. Number of producers in 2015: Fourteen.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, and Wyoming.
3. Employment of production and related workers in 2015: 1,132.
4. Apparent U.S. consumption in 2015: $1.4 billion.
5. Ratio of the value of total U.S. imports to total U.S. consumption in 2015: 22.2%.
1. From subject countries during 2015: $103 million.
2. From other countries during 2015: $214 million.
3. Leading sources during 2015. Canada, Korea, Mexico, Turkey.